Neurobiology > Research Highlights
- Professor Kennerson is invited Chair of Scientific Program Committee for the 2021 Global CMT Research Convention
- PhD Student Alexandra Boyling has been chosen as one of the posters for the Guided Poster Tour at the international 2021 Peripheral Nerve Society - Virtually Anywhere Meeting
- Dr Anthony Cutrupi and PhD student Alexandra Boyling have both been chosen for platform presentations at the Australasian Society for Stem Cell Research (ASSCR) New South Wales ECR Symposium "From discovery to translational science"
- Professor Kennerson and her team host the second "Celebrating Microsopes Together" Open Day for CMT patients and their families (CMT Open Day 2020)
- Professor Kennerson is selected for a platform presentation at the 24th Human Genome Meeting HGM 2020
- Dr Perez-Siles publishes the first induced pluripotent stem cell model for X-linked motor neuropathy
- Professor Kennerson is invited to serve as a member of the CMT Research Foundation Scientific Advisory Board
- Professor Kennerson, Dr Perez-Siles and Ramesh Narayanan are awarded a 3 year NHMRC Ideas Grant (AUD783,420) commencing in 2020 (NHMRC Ideas Grant Success )
- Professor Kennerson and Dr Perez-Siles host the 4th Asian Oceanic Inherited Neuropathy Consortium (AOINC) in Sydney, Australia. (AOINC 2019 )
- Dr Kaitao Lai received a travel award from the Australasian Genomic Technologies Association (AGTA) to give a selected platform presentation at the meeting. (AGTA Meeting 2019 )
- Dr Ramesh Narayanan was invited to present at the Australasian Neuromuscular Network (ANN) Meeting.
- Professor Kennerson was invited to present in the Education Session of the Peripheral Nerve Society Meeting in Genoa Italy
- Dr Gonzalo Perez-Siles was awarded the Jonathon Pembroke Award at the Peripheral Nerve Society Meeting in Genoa Italy. (Presentation Award )
- Dr Gonzalo selected for platform presentation at the Hunter Cell Biology Meeting.
- Professor Kennerson featured in a Malaysian radio interview with University of Malaya colleagues discussing her collaboration on inherited peripheral neuropathies (BRAIN WAVES #23: DAMAGED NERVES BFM89.9).
- Professor Kennerson awarded Sydney SouthEast Asia Center Partnership (SSEAC) grant (AUD49,054) to undertake research on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in the unstudied Malaysian population.
- Characterised the first knock in mouse model for X-linked distal motor neuropathy.
- First to report structural variation mutations causing gene dysregulation as a new genetic disease mechanism for CMT and hereditary motor neuropathy.
- Professor Nicholson and A/Prof Kennerson were invited speakers at the Asian Oceanic Congress of Neurology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- A/Prof Kennerson was an invited speaker and Session Chairman at the International Conference of the Genetics Society of Korea, Jeju Island, South Korea.
- A/Prof Kennerson announced as course coordinator for the Brain and Mind Centre Post Graduate Masters unit “Genetics of Brain and Mind Disorders”.
- Dr Gonzalo Perez-Siles awarded the Tony Basten Fellowship, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney $50,000.
- PhD Student Anthony Cutrupi won the Best Poster Award at the NSW Australian Society of Medical Research Meeting.
- A/Prof Kennerson nominated Secretariat of the Asian Oceanic Inherited Neuropathy Consortium (AOINC) at an inaugural meeting held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Dr Megan Brewer awarded the Tony Basten Fellowship, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney $50,000.
- Dr Megan Brewer awarded the Annual Health Research Infrastructure Award, Sydney Local Health District.
- Dr Alexander Drew awarded the Multi-disciplinary Collaborative Research Project Award, Sydney Neuroscience Network, University of Sydney $10,000.
- A/Prof Kennerson invited lecturer to Biomedical Science students at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.