Neurobiology > Research Highlights
- Professor Kennerson and her team host the second "Celebrating Microsopes Together" Open Day for CMT patients and their families (CMT Open Day 2020)
- Professor Kennerson is selected for a platform presentation at the 24th Human Genome Meeting HGM 2020
- Dr Perez-Siles publishes the first induced pluripotent stem cell model for X-linked motor neuropathy
- Professor Kennerson is invited to serve as a member of the CMT Research Foundation Scientific Advisory Board
- Professor Kennerson, Dr Perez-Siles and Ramesh Narayanan are awarded a 3 year NHMRC Ideas Grant (AUD783,420) commencing in 2020 (NHMRC Ideas Grant Success )
- Professor Kennerson and Dr Perez-Siles host the 4th Asian Oceanic Inherited Neuropathy Consortium (AOINC) in Sydney, Australia. (AOINC 2019 )
- Dr Kaitao Lai received a travel award from the Australasian Genomic Technologies Association (AGTA) to give a selected platform presentation at the meeting. (AGTA Meeting 2019 )
- Dr Ramesh Narayanan was invited to present at the Australasian Neuromuscular Network (ANN) Meeting.
- Professor Kennerson was invited to present in the Education Session of the Peripheral Nerve Society Meeting in Genoa Italy
- Dr Gonzalo Perez-Siles was awarded the Jonathon Pembroke Award at the Peripheral Nerve Society Meeting in Genoa Italy. (Presentation Award )
- Dr Gonzalo selected for platform presentation at the Hunter Cell Biology Meeting.
- Professor Kennerson featured in a Malaysian radio interview with University of Malaya colleagues discussing her collaboration on inherited peripheral neuropathies (BRAIN WAVES #23: DAMAGED NERVES BFM89.9).
- Professor Kennerson awarded Sydney SouthEast Asia Center Partnership (SSEAC) grant (AUD49,054) to undertake research on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in the unstudied Malaysian population.
- Characterised the first knock in mouse model for X-linked distal motor neuropathy.
- First to report structural variation mutations causing gene dysregulation as a new genetic disease mechanism for CMT and hereditary motor neuropathy.
- Professor Nicholson and A/Prof Kennerson were invited speakers at the Asian Oceanic Congress of Neurology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- A/Prof Kennerson was an invited speaker and Session Chairman at the International Conference of the Genetics Society of Korea, Jeju Island, South Korea.
- A/Prof Kennerson announced as course coordinator for the Brain and Mind Centre Post Graduate Masters unit “Genetics of Brain and Mind Disorders”.
- Dr Gonzalo Perez-Siles awarded the Tony Basten Fellowship, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney $50,000.
- PhD Student Anthony Cutrupi won the Best Poster Award at the NSW Australian Society of Medical Research Meeting.
- A/Prof Kennerson nominated Secretariat of the Asian Oceanic Inherited Neuropathy Consortium (AOINC) at an inaugural meeting held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Dr Megan Brewer awarded the Tony Basten Fellowship, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney $50,000.
- Dr Megan Brewer awarded the Annual Health Research Infrastructure Award, Sydney Local Health District.
- Dr Alexander Drew awarded the Multi-disciplinary Collaborative Research Project Award, Sydney Neuroscience Network, University of Sydney $10,000.
- A/Prof Kennerson invited lecturer to Biomedical Science students at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.