Neurobiology > Research Highlights
- Characterised the first knock in mouse model for X-linked distal motor neuropathy.
- First to report structural variation mutations causing gene dysregulation as a new genetic disease mechanism for CMT and hereditary motor neuropathy.
- Professor Nicholson and A/Prof Kennerson were invited speakers at the Asian Oceanic Congress of Neurology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- A/Prof Kennerson was an invited speaker and Session Chairman at the International Conference of the Genetics Society of Korea, Jeju Island, South Korea.
- A/Prof Kennerson announced as course coordinator for the Brain and Mind Centre Post Graduate Masters unit “Genetics of Brain and Mind Disorders”.
- Dr Gonzalo Perez-Siles awarded the Tony Basten Fellowship, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney $50,000.
- PhD Student Anthony Cutrupi won the Best Poster Award at the NSW Australian Society of Medical Research Meeting.
- A/Prof Kennerson nominated Secretariat of the Asian Oceanic Inherited Neuropathy Consortium (AOINC) at an inaugural meeting held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Dr Megan Brewer awarded the Tony Basten Fellowship, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney $50,000.
- Dr Megan Brewer awarded the Annual Health Research Infrastructure Award, Sydney Local Health District.
- Dr Alexander Drew awarded the Multi-disciplinary Collaborative Research Project Award, Sydney Neuroscience Network, University of Sydney $10,000.
- A/Prof Kennerson invited lecturer to Biomedical Science students at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.